Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ode to Snow Bunnies

I found these two rabbit skins not so long ago at the local thrift store. I couldn't bear to leave them there. Although the rabbits (I am pretty sure they were rabbit skins) are long gone, something of them remained for me as I looked at those skins, and so I decided to rescue them. I think the two of them were under $2.
I believe these were used in trade as they had marks on the back sides (which don't show up well in photos) that were indicative of the marks on the Northwest Coast Blankets. One had I believe two marks and the other and 3. As you might be able to tell, the fur on the left side is very white and clean, but the one on the right has some gray hairs in it and also is not quite as brilliant white, so I suspect that had something to do with the marks.

No comments: