Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Wind

As we approach the month of March tomorrow, I am reminded of the saying, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb."
In celebration of the month of March, I am sharing a poem I like very much by Robert Lewis Stevenson from Child's Garden of Verses.
I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
Like Ladies' skirts across the grass --
   O wind, a blowing all day long,
   O wind, that sings so loud a song.
I saw the different things you did.
But always you yourself you hid.
I felt you push, I heard you call,
I could not see yourself at all --

   O wind, a blowing all day long,
   O wind, that sings so loud a song.
O you that are so strong and cold,
O blower, are you young or old?
Are you a beast of field and tree,
Or just a stronger child than me?
   O wind, a blowing all day long,
   O wind, that sings so loud a song.
This wallhanging by me remains unfinished. It was made in a Pamela Allen class using scraps I pulled out of the trash bins. 

No comments: