Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Autumn's Coming - Another Treasure . . .

Although it is still August, September is just around the corner.  I don't know about you, but almost every year, sometime during the summer, I suddenly have a feeling of the fall in the air. I have always wondered it it really is what I am experiencing, or simply wishful thinking on my part since I love the autumn so much. Every time I go into a store now, i have noted that all the fall fabrics, patterns and decorations are already out, and in fact, I have seen many Christmas items as well.
I just love this piece. It has a lot of three-dimensional crewel work, and it is done on linen.  It was in an ugly frame which I removed, and sitting here like this, it looks like a lovely autumn sketch. I think the artist who designed the piece, and the person who worked it in crewel both did a fantastic job. You can see a larger version of any photos in this blog by clicking on the photo. I hope to always be able to find these wonderful things and to share them with you. I actually have quite a few things that I have not had time to share, so I will be posting more soon.

No comments: